UMAI Pink Sushi Ginger Pickled -1.6 Kg
- Pickled ginger, also known as “gari” in Japanese cuisine, is a type of ginger that has been thinly sliced or shredded and preserved in a solution of vinegar and sugar.
- It is often served as a condiment alongside sushi or sashimi to cleanse the palate between different types of fish.
- Pickled ginger is typically pale pink or light yellow in color, which is achieved by briefly blanching the ginger before pickling it.
- The flavor of pickled ginger is mildly sweet and tangy, with a subtle ginger kick. It is not as pungent or spicy as fresh ginger.
- The primary purpose of pickled ginger is to refresh the taste buds and prepare them for the next bite of sushi or sashimi, rather than as a main ingredient in a dish.
- It is also believed to have some digestive benefits and can help reduce any potential fishy aftertaste when consuming raw fish.
- Pickled ginger is available in most Asian grocery stores and is sometimes served in sushi restaurants as a complimentary accompaniment to sushi platters.
- Beyond its use in Japanese cuisine, pickled ginger can be added to salads, sandwiches, or other dishes to impart a sweet and tangy flavor.
Country of Origin: China